The Transportation Coordinator oversees the Patient Renal Transportation program for dialysis patients living in the Alleghenies Region.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring the NKF policies and procedures for the Patient Renal Transportation Program are followed.
- Maintains communication with staff at the Commonwealth of PA Department of Public Health, social workers at the dialysis units in NKF territory and the cardholders on the program.
- Ensures all parties (NKF Staff, NKF interns, NKF volunteers, Commonwealth staff, social workers, and patients) receive necessary documentation regarding the transportation program.
- Develops working relationships with all parties mentioned to ensure program runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Review and approve transportation applications for the CRDP Program (Chronic Renal Disease Program) and forward applications to the Commonwealth.
- Documents and updates patient’s status as changes are received.
- Review and process monthly invoices/backup in Coreweb and NKF database.
- Documents accuracy of paperwork by unit/social workers.
- Assist with entering checks into the NKF database.
- Assists with the processing of all patient reimbursement checks.
- Generate reports in Excel and other software programs as needed.
- Maintain all paper and electronic records. HIPAA Compliance.
- Performs additional tasks as required.
- College Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required.
- Minimum two-year data entry experience.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office, and Word.
- Proficient in database software.